Tip Jar

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Beat Your Children Up

Listen to Episode 20 Here!

FEBRUARY LADY SWEATER KNIT-A-LONG:

It is strongly suggested that you make a garter stitch swatch with the yarn you are using and that you collect a boatload of stitch markers for this project.  We cast on February 1st.

OFF THE NEEDLES:

First Zipper Sock is COMPLETE!   
















And will be offered up to the Surrogate Sock Knitters Group on Ravelry.  Any takers?

My There And Back Again (formerly Hong Kong Garden) Sweater is as done as it can be.  Alas, I have run out of yarn and since it's handspun from an unknown source, I am at a loss.  Anyone know of any yarn/fiber that resembles either the yoke or the body of this sweater?












I can't show you a picture of the current sweater because it's gone MISSING!!!  I fear t his sweater was never meant to be. :(

Larger Than Life Bag is awaiting final piecing.  Panels are pieced, side and bottom band need to be sewn on and lining and strap made.  Since the crocheting is complete, I am listing this as OFF MY HOOK!












ON MY FUTURE NEEDLES:

I found the beautiful Vinelle sweater pattern and I'm pretty sure this is what I will be knitting with my Christmas Malabrigo.











Several of you gave great suggestions for ease of working with charts.
Here are a few:
1. Enlarge the chart for ease of reading
2. When there are large blocks of knit or purl stitches on the chart, count them up ahead of time and pencil the number in so you don't have to count them as you go.
3. Color code your symbols with different color highlighter pens.  It's much easier for  your brain to link a color with a stitch type than to have to interpret the symbol every time.
4. Use a magnetic chart keeper/holder moving the magnetic strip along each line as you complete it. OR Use highlighter tape which can be picked up and moved to the next working row.
5. When using an enlarged pattern, a cookie sheet and a magnetic strip work great for keeping track of your pattern rows.

TRADING POST:

We are still taking trades for the Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socs That Rock 100% Superwash Merino Lightweight 360 yds.  Mill Ends (no apparent flaws)











So far we have recieved trade offers of:
1. A Crochet Kitty (8-10" high) with his Fishy Friend (3" long)
2. A collectible Indiana Jones Figurine
3. A lovely felted purse in rich dk. blue with purple fun fur at the top.  Measures 9" W and 7" H.
4. Hand painted artwork titled "Earth hugger" plus 2 skeins of Caron Rainbow Tones yarn in the Country Rose color.
(If anyone wishes to see pics of these items, please contact me.)

IN OUR WINEGLASS:

Bogle Chardonnay 2009 got mixed reviews.  A thumb up from "the Wit" and a thumb down from "the Knit"

You decide!

Thank you to all our faithful listeners and to everyone who has donated to the show.  The support is greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Okay after being told how much you appreciate comments on Show #4, I thought I'd post one here.

    I'm really enjoying this. I started from the beginning....

    I found you by searching "Knitting" on iTunes.

    ReplyDelete