Tip Jar

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Merry Christmas! (Part One)

Listen To Show 15 Here!

IN OUR WINEGLASS:

Well apparently Tennessee actually came through on this one because every online shop I searched charged $17 to $18 for Bandwagon Chardonnay instead of the $11.99 we pay in Nashville.  A new wine from a small winemaker that really made us smile.  Hope you can give it a try.

LAST MINUTE CHRISTMAS GIFTS:












Beautiful and fragrant Felted Soaps.  Quick and easy!













Felted Jingle Balls are fun and colorful and would make a great gift for any child.  All natural and safe for house play too.

Heifer International is a wonderful organization which helps improve the lives of impoverished families.  Please consider giving an animal or a share of an animal in someone's name.

I hope you will all join us for our Knit-A-Long in February for the February Lady Sweater.  Finish up your current projects and start hunting your yarn!  We're showing off our yarn choices and swatching in January.

Check out our sister group, the Surrogate Sock Knitters Club (also known as SSK Club) on Ravelry!  The solution for all of those knitters who can't find the motivation to finish their second sock.

ON MY NEEDLES:
















Spiraluscious #2.  I just love how this yarn is showing off the shades of the ocean.  Watery Depths is certainly the correct name for this fiber from Susan's Kitchen.  By the way, I figured out my mistake and owe an appology to Anne Hanson.  Her pattern is fine.  I, on the other hand, am not!

Everyone simply must try the Try-It-On Tubing for ease of trying on your top-down sweaters. Comes in 1 or 2 yard lengths.

ON MY POLLY:











Moonwood Farms created this beautiful blend of Alpaca, Bamboo, Milk, Rambouillet and Angelina just for me and my Polly.  Spun Z.  Plied S on my Suzie.

ON MY SUZIE:













Super-fine Merino roving personally hand-dyed in what I call the "Truly Scrumptious" colorway.  I hope to make this into a 2-ply worsted weight yarn.  Here's a close-up.












I spent some time cleaning the Corriedale fleece from "Opal" that I purchased at the Yarn Circle in Murphy, NC.  I can see how she got her name.  Such a beautiful silver fleece.  I can't wait to start spinning it!












ON MY BOND:
Finishing up my squares for the Land's End Warm Up America Project and will be sending them out this week.  The most challenging part about this project was finding the time to do it.  The task itself was like whisting a tune!  But boy I'm glad that song is over!














"Thank you" to everyone who has donated to The Knit Wits!  We so appreciate it and are in the process of ordering a remote recorder so that we can record interviews!!

And "thank you" to all of our Knit Witeers for being a part of our life!  You are Truly Scrumptious! 

6 comments:

  1. Wow your felted soap link is so timely, I was just about to start some of these tonight! Your spinning is beautiful...and I added the Worm Binder to my Christmas list. Love the podcast..you keep me laughing each week.
    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your podcast. Great dynamics between you and Rick. The episode Where your daughter talked about her knitting was adorable. The love between daddy and daughter was so heart warming!
    I usually listen in the car on my way home from work, so I'm always several episodes behind. The positive in this is that I should have plenty of listening during the holidays!
    Thanks for the link to the Try-It-On-Tubing. I didn't know about this product and look forward to trying it.
    Merry Christmas and happy podcasting!
    MSbeckey (as in Mississippi beckey)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'There are a lot of knitters who like the blues because i have been to blues festivals and there are a lot of women there who accompany their husbands.'

    'They were knitting'

    '...NO...'

    'Well how do you know they were knitters.'

    'They might be'

    HAHAHA!!!! That was the all time best line of this episode.

    Oh, I just found you all yesterday from the Knitmore Girls...LOVE your podcast. I will definitly continue listening.

    Greetings from Germany !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi.
    I love your show! When you talked about your nightmare, I remember that it is possible to knit in prison . I found a link to a shop selling things made by the inmates in a few prisons in Norway. I think this is a form of therapy to prepare the inmates for life outside the walls. So if you ever wonder about doing something illegal, I suggest you do it in Norway :-)


    http://www.oslofengsel.no/benny-tekstiler.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, in the south, it is big to deep fry turkey. mmmm

    ReplyDelete